An icon of American musical heritage and craftsmanship, the Steinway & Sons 5’11” model L grand piano has been hand-built in New York for over a century. Considered a classic semi-concert grand piano, it strikes a perfect balance between musical performance and space-saving design, and has been a favorite of accomplished pianists for decades.
A one-owner Steinway piano, it was cherished and maintained by its previous owners and is now ready for a new home. Steinway design features include:
- Overstrung scale with front and rear duplexing.
- Cross-laminated hard rock maple pinblock, original 100-year nickel-blue steel tuning pins for strength and tuning stability.
- Steinway Swedish steel core strings, solid and copper-wound.
- Steinway premium hand-wired wool felt hammers for impeccable tone and dynamic control.
- Quarter-sawn spruce keybed with vertical birch bracing for maximum playability, stability, and humidity escapement.
- Famous Steinway ebonized lacquer finish, recently detailed and restored to new condition.
This piano is a marvelous musical instrument, with the rich, melodic, singing tone you’d expect, and a subtle, responsive action, allowing for a wide range of dynamics and musical expression. This remarkable instrument also includes a duet artist bench!
In addition to being a fine instrument, this piano is an heirloom-quality investment and it represents an incredible value. Purchase also includes free delivery within 300 miles or so of SLC, a full concert preparation and in-home tuning.